Monday, April 18, 2016

Life Will Continue

Hi everyone and Happy Monday! Here in Northeast Pennsylvania it has been gorgeous recently and I am definitely excited that we are coming into summer weather! I do want to apologize for my lack of posting recently. While I plan out each post that I plan to write, sometimes life continues on and hurts my timing a little bit .... okay a lot. Because I put a lot of personal anecdotes in my posts, I wanted to give you all an update on my life.

1. I am about to graduate with my Master's Degree! Ahhhhh! I am so excited to be done with school work for a little while once I graduate in May! Don't get me wrong, I love school and learning, but when you are doing homework for 20 straight years, trust me, you'd be ready too! :)


2. I'm on the job hunt! While so exciting and hopeful, searching and applying for jobs takes a lot of time and devotion! As this will be my first "big girl" job with a salary and benefits, I want to find a university and college that is going to be the right fit (Just like all of you are doing or did with your undergraduate university). So, this takes up quite a bit of time to craft new cover letters and constantly critique and rework my resume for each job.

3. Work is busier than ever! So, for those of you who don't know, during the day I have two "jobs." The first one is working in an Admissions Office as their Graduate Assistant and my second is working in the Office of Disability Services at the same institution as a Graduate Intern. We just finished out last Open House for the school year on Saturday, which was a lot of planning and preparation, and now I am gearing up for Final Exams in my internship! **When you're on your college campus, never forget how much work and effort a lot of people do to make your experience on that campus amazing, both as a visitor and a student.

4. I'm engaged!! Over Easter Break, my boyfriend of 6 years asked me to marry him, so my mind has been on overload thinking of all of the engagement things we need to do and of course all of the ideas for our wedding! In the future, I would like to do a post about our relationship and how we have made it work through college and graduate school, so let me know if that is something you would like to see!


5. I'm planning exciting future posts!! With my classes ending in a few weeks, I am hoping to get a jump start on some exciting stuff for the blog. For my graduation gift, my parents gave me a nice new camera (since I take all of the photos on this blog), so I am thinking about traveling a little to some new college campuses that I've never been on and also possibly filming some videos for the blog. I know personally, I love to read blogs and watch Youtube videos on a variety of lifestyle topics, so I am hoping to plan some videos with a college/young professional theme to them! Let me know if you have any suggestions or things you'd like to see!

6. Family is still my major priority! In my birthday post back in September, I said that one of my goal's for my 23rd year on this planet was to move south. Because of this lofty goal, I am trying to spend as much time with my family and my fiance's family before we potentially move south start our "new life." I've been traveling a majority of my weekends to go back home to spend time with everyone, so that has been time consuming but so rewarding! **Always make your family a priority! While you're out there spreading your wings, making new experienced, and creating tons of memories, don't forget about your loved ones who will always be behind you and support you!!

I guess the moral of this post is that life will continue on, while you may want to stop and celebrate those exciting moments in your life like graduation or a new relationship, or you want to stop and ask life to slow down, life will always continue growing and evolving to bring you many more exciting things!!

enjoy the chase,
skylar

No comments:

Post a Comment