As some of you may be finishing up your school year in the coming weeks, I thought I'd share what I'm trying to do to finish out the semester strong and in charge!!
1. Give your last papers and exams one more look through. Make sure you're taking the time to do one last proofread and edit for any final papers, projects, or essays! It will only take 5-10 minutes of your time and it could be the difference between getting a B+ and an A-. Who wouldn't want to go up a letter grade for a few extra minutes?
2. Meet with any administrators, teachers, or professors that made a profound impact on you this year. If you haven't talked with them in a little while, catch them up on everything going on in your life and your exciting summer plans! Who knows, they may have an idea on a summer job or internship. Also, make sure you thank them for everything they did for you this year.
3. Plan a get-together for all of your friends. Do a short weekend trip or a fun night out with your friends. Whether you're going mini-golfing or out dinner, spend time with each other before the summer comes and you won't see each other for a few months. You'll cherish these memories until the next get-together!
4. Don't skip school or your classes just because it is almost over. Like I said, finish it out strong, so don't miss any classes unless you absolutely have to. Some high schools have requirements for attendance if you are graduating this year and some professors will drop you a letter grade if you miss the last few classes (That would be going from an A- to a B-, simply for not showing to class!). You might also miss some exam review or valuable hints on questions!
5. Meet with the clubs you're in charge with to make a plan for next Fall. In high school and college, as soon as you are elected to a leadership position, you want to make sure you plan out for next fall. Start thinking of events you want to work on and if you all should meet at some point during the summer. This will help create the vision for next year and help you and your peers get started on planning the events!
6. Just hang in there! Your school year is almost done, so if you hate all of your classes or are just ready for something new, you're almost there! While you don't want to wish the remainder of your school year away, if it helps you to finish out strong and staying motivated, then do it!
I hope you all have a great week and start your plans for finishing out the school year strong!
enjoy the chase,