Sunday, May 15, 2016

Celebrating Accomplishments

Hi everyone and Happy Sunday! I hope you all had a great weekend and were able to celebrate some amazing accomplishments in your life and in the lives of family and friends.

Yesterday, I celebrated my graduation with my Master's Degree in Higher Education Administration and I wanted to share it with you all!


I am a firm believer in "practice what you preach," and I guess the "preach" of Chasing College is to go out into the world and find opportunities to learn. I have been chasing college since I was in pre-school and I don't think I'm quite done yet, but I wanted to take this time to talk to you all about the hard work that goes into these accomplishments and these exciting moments in life.

College is not easy, whether you are doing a two year, a four year, your Master's, a certificate program, or your PhD, it is not an easy road that is ahead of you. There are bumps, U-turns, round-abouts, express lanes, crashes, breakdowns, and so many more things that happen along the journey. But, it is your perseverance, your faith, and your belief in yourself that will get you through the journey and that will help you enjoy it.


Through all of that hard work and dedication, graduating is one of the biggest accomplishments you will have in your life. I have been lucky enough to attend many different commencement ceremonies and see many different types of students walk across those stages and get their diplomas, and each one is unique, significant, and amazing as the next. Celebrate these moments and remember that feeling of accomplishment as you enter your next challenge.

Life is about challenging ourselves and chasing our dreams, so it is beyond necessary that we always have goals we are striving for. In those goals, don't forget the important role that education can play in them and pursue that. In whatever you choose though, make sure you are always chasing something!


enjoy the chase,
skylar


No comments:

Post a Comment