Here's your ticket to bring prepared! I've compiled my list of great questions to ask the tour guides and students you meet while you are on campus! Here we go ...
- Have you ever had a conversation with the president?
- What has been your favorite class so far?
- What has been your least favorite class so far?
- Where do students spend their time between classes?
- Does Student Activities host any day trips places?
- What do your college friends study and do? (**This will help show you if the college is cliquey or if students grow friendships outside of just their major or their sport.)
- Do most students go home on the weekends?
- Do students have to pay for tickets to sporting events?
- How often do you meet with your academic advisor?
- For students that live off campus, what neighborhood do they typically live?
- Is there a doctor in the Student Health Center, or do students have to go to a local Urgent Care to be seen?
- What made you choose to go to school here, as opposed to the other colleges you applied to?
- What's your favorite spot on campus? (**This is my favorite question - it gives you something special to look out for, especially if it's a hidden secret.)
- How are faculty and administrators committed to student success?
- Where do students spend their Saturday Nights?
- Can every student use the athletics facilities or are they only reserved for team use?
- What can a student not have in their dorm room? Microwave? Keurig? Scentsy? Twinkle Lights?
- How do students get care packages or larger deliveries?
- Do more Freshmen choose their roommate or have one matched to them?
- What is the winter weather like on campus? (**Even two campuses in the same city can have different weather. It's good to know to plan for just rain boots and good rain jacket or a down winter coat and snow boots.)
- Are the intramural sports played within teams from the college or do the intramurals only play against other colleges?
- Would you say this is a more liberal or conservative campus? (**They will most likely answer in a politically correct way [I would tell my student workers to answer very pc], but it is something to ask that could help you find your fit at a school.)
- Is there a full kitchen with stove and oven in each residence hall?
- What do students do to relax during the day?
- Do your faculty and administrators have office hours that students can drop-in for if they have a question or need help?
- How late is the library and the dining facilities open during the week and on the weekend?
- Is there a lot of school spirit on campus? Does everyone support student performances?
- Can you recite the alma mater? (**If you're looking for a college committed to tradition, your tour guide should at least be able to recite a line, if not the whole song!)
- How do students get around campus? walk? bike? bus? car?
- How is the relationship between the college students and those who live in the town?
- Why should I choose this college? (**Don't accept "Because it's awesome," as an answer.)
I hope all of these questions will help you feel prepared for your next campus visit. If you won't be visiting a while, be sure to pin this or bookmark it to come back to for future college visits!
Is there another questions, that you always ask on college visits? Comment below so I can add it to my list! Have a great week!
enjoy the chase,