Friday, February 12, 2016

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday everyone!!! I haven't done a 'Friday Favorites' in a little while, so I thought I would do one today and just share some of the things that I am loving lately!

Jeopardy - College Championship!
I'm quite happy I flipped the TV to Jeopardy at the beginning of the week because it was the College Championship for 2016! It was really great to see people our age going out there and competing for the equivalent of a year's worth of tuition money! Also, the questions are geared a little more towards our generation, so I felt like I knew a lot of the answers too, which is always fun! The final round is on tonight, so check your local listings to see students from the University of Pittsburgh, University of California Berkeley, and the University of Southern California compete for the final prize!!

Youtube Vloggers 
So, since a little before Christmas, I have been obsessed with watching fashion and beauty vlogs on youtube, as well as, ones about Pinterest hacks and organization/lifestyle! What's great about youtube though is that you can find almost anything that suits your interest areas and can keep you entertained. My favorite right now is Alexandrea Garza's channel on youtube, where she makes videos on make-up tutorials and a whole bunch of lifestyle topics too. Watching youtube videos is a great way to de-stress for a half an hour or stay entertained while you're on the treadmill or riding the bus to school!

Graduate Hotels - College Town Hotel Chain
I read about this company through a newsletter I'm subscribed to for college administrators and faculty and they build and manage hotels in college towns across the country. They are relatively new, but their purpose is to provide a partnership with the university in terms of accommodations for visitors, alums, and other important people. They try to bring the history and the culture of each university into the decor and structure of the hotels, which is really neat. You can check out their website here, but I think it is a really cool idea! 



Harvard Tours Yale
This is a video that I found my Senior year of undergrad and thought was hilarious ... I still find it hilarious now. It is a Harvard student pretending to be a Yale student and giving out tours to people. During these tours he says mostly untrue facts about Yale, just to make Harvard look better to the visitors. Disclaimer: This video was meant as a joke, as something that would be funny, not to genuinely hurt the universities in anyway. If you are seriously considering Harvard or Yale University, good for you, they are obviously great universities to attend ... but this video just provides a good laugh!

Valentine's Day
So this weekend is obviously Valentine's Day weekend, so happy that to everyone! I personally really do like this holiday, most people are like, "Oh, it's just a holiday created by Hallmark" or "You shouldn't dedicate just one day to loving someone, it should be all year round." While all of those may be accurate, it should also be a celebration of the love in your life. Your love for yourself, for your family, for your friends, for your significant other, for your pets, for your education, for your hobbies ... etc. I feel that in life, college especially, we can get bogged down very easily and lose track of the things we love because we are so busy, so why not use this day to call our parents, go out for coffee or lunch with our friends, watch a movie with our boyfriend or girlfriend, and take some time to ourself! So enjoy this day and celebrate all the love you have in your life!

I hope you guys find something interesting here within my Friday Favorites or it inspires you to look around for the things you've been loving lately! I hope you all have a great and safe weekend and enjoy some time to relax!

enjoy the chase,
skylar

No comments:

Post a Comment