Friday, October 23, 2015

College Application Playlist

Hi everyone and Happy Friday! I don't know about you, but I have had a long week with work and school and when I'm stressed out or have a big project coming up, like applying to colleges, I like to get in the zone by listening to music. Today, I am sharing some of my favorite and most inspiring 'college application' songs!

Lose Yourself - Eminem


This song, although it has some coarse language at times, is actually quite inspiring, especially the opening lyrics, "Look, if you had one shot or one opportunity to seize everything you ever wanted in one moment. Would you capture it or just let it slip?" College can open so many doors for you and help you seize the opportunities you need to live the life that you want! 

Don't Stop Believin' - Journey


So, Don't Stop Believin' is literally one of my favorite songs of all time and I thank my parents for introducing it to me. Not only did I quote in my Valedictorian speech as a Senior, but I also 'sang' it in my Senior Play. It has such a good message and when you're filling out your goals section, don't feel discouraged and believe in yourself!

Brave - Idina Menzel 


This is a little bit more of an emotionally inspirational song and it will probably come in handy for those Senior year slideshows, but just remember, "I might be afraid, but it's my turn to be brave."

I Believe - Yolanda Adams


'I Believe' by Yolanda Adams is such a great song, it is positive, upbeat, and inspirational, while still having a great tune to dance to. (This is obvious by the video from the film Honey.)
I believe I can
I believe I will
I believe I know my dreams are real
I believe I'll stand
I believe I'll dance
I believe I'll grow real soon and
That is what I do believe

Unwritten - Natasha Bedingfield 


So, not only can this be applied to your life going from High School to a University, but also for your college admissions essay! The transition between High School and College gives you the chance to write your future and write what you want to happen. If you work hard, put your mind to it, and do everything in your power to succeed, you can write your own story exactly how you want to. 

Dream On - Aerosmith


This one is rather obvious, but also incredibly inspiring, so enjoy!

I hope these music tracks get you in the mood and excited to start applying to colleges and planning your college search! I also hope these tracks will help you transition from Fall to Winter and then to Spring as you prepare for your final moments in the school year! 

enjoy the chase,
skylar

No comments:

Post a Comment